Should you not meet all of the following requirements you can still apply for provisional enrolment. You may then be asked to obtain an acceptable score in an aptitude test.
- A minimum of 42 credits at level 3 or higher on the National Qualifications Framework or 72 credits at level 2 in your best four subjects
- A minimum of 15 credits at level 2 or higher in mathematics
- A minimum of 15 credits at level 2 or higher in English
Alternatively the following criteria may be used:
- Academic: three C passes in University Bursary, 10 or less in best four Sixth Form Certificate subjects or successful completion of a level 3 or higher certificate
- English: four or better in Sixth Form Certificate English, 45 or better in University Bursary or 10 or more credits at level 3 or higher
- Maths: four or better in Sixth Form Certificate maths, 45 or better in University Bursary with calculus or maths with statistics or 10 or more credits at level 3 or higher
- DipICT Level 5: cross credits towards BCS are available for Diploma students. Please see www.bcs.net.nz for details. Typically, Diploma students achieve cross-credits for the six level 5 compulsory papers (108 credits).
English Language Requirements
If you are an overseas student or a new resident and English is not your first language, please note that study at tertiary level requires both written and oral participation. You may be required to have an IELTS score of 6.5 with no subject less than 6.0 or a TOEFL score of 575.